Dealing with the symptoms of bronchitis is difficult enough, especially when you’re trying to fast track your recovery. Although it might seem like your cough just won’t go away, there are plenty of different types of cough syrup that you can buy to help soothe your throat and deal with some of the pesky symptoms. When you’re on the hunt for the best cough syrup for bronchitis, consider these three formulas.
Boericke and Tafel Cough and Bronchitis Syrup with Zinc
Designed for adults and children alike, the Boericke and Tafel Syrup is designed to give your throat the soothing support it needs while you’re dealing with bronchitis or a regular cold. With its natural ingredients and phlegm loosening properties, it will surely help you to feel less pain while working through your illness, which makes it easy to see why this is classified as the best cough syrup for bronchitis.
- Created using natural ingredients
- Cough relieving properties
- Phlegm loosening ingredients
- Drains secretions from the bronchial
- Soothes the throat/bronchial tubes
- Helps with clearing congestion and coughs: If there’s one thing you’re looking for in the best cough syrup for bronchitis, it’s surely a formula that helps to relieve congestion and coughing. Unlike over the counter medicines, the Boericke and Tafel Syrup helps to break up phlegm so it can be removed.
- Doesn’t have any artificial sweeteners or dyes: For individuals who are interested in more homeopathic medicines, this is surely the formula for you, as it does not include any artificial sweeteners or dyes. In fact, the medicine is entirely clear once it is poured out of the bottle.
- Helps to remove tightness from congestion: Congestion is difficult to deal with when you’re suffering through bronchitis, and this formula not only has soothing abilities, but it also helps to remove any tightness in your chest as a result of mucus build-up.
- Requires consistent dosage: One of the main concerns with Boericke and Tafel Syrup is that it requires consistent dosage (a dose every two to three hours). Otherwise, you’re not going to experience any sort of cough relief, and it can be difficult to drink a lot of the medicine throughout the day—especially for children.
- Has an unpleasant smell: Like most cough syrups, this particular formula doesn’t have the most pleasant smell or taste, partially as a result of its lack of artificial sweeteners. If you are giving the medicine to your children, ensure they have a glass of juice to drink after each dose to help minimize the bitter taste.
Source Naturals Wellness Syrup
Formulated to help you deal with allergies and illnesses revolving around your respiratory system, the Source Naturals Wellness Syrup can be a phenomenal choice for when you’re dealing with bronchitis. It is one of the better homeopathic remedies that does not have an expiration date and will be useful for a variety of different ailments.
- No expiration date
- Designed to assist with respiratory health
- Useful for combating seasonal allergies
- Helps to relieve discomfort from colds, flu, and bronchitis
- Zero chance of side effects
- Bio-aligned formula
- The formula includes natural ingredients: One of the main reasons as to why you may be interested in the Source Naturals Wellness Syrup is because of its natural ingredients. With items such as marshmallow, wild cherry bark, and white bryony, you’ll be avoiding all synthetic ingredients and opting for a healthier alternative.
- Helps to relieve pain from dry and wet coughs: No matter if you’re dealing with chest congestion as a result of built up mucus or if you have a dry cough because of your seasonal allergies, you’ll surely love the Source Naturals Wellness Syrup as it focuses on helping all types of coughs instead of simply suppressing them.
- Works slower than over the counter medicines: There are plenty of people who rely on homeopathic remedies to help their bodies become healthier much faster than if they relied on upon over the counter medicines. Unfortunately, the Source Naturals Wellness Syrup works slower than prescription cough syrup.
- Be sure to consider the ingredients and speak to a medical professional: As a natural cough remedy, it is important that you look at the list of ingredients and talk to a medical professional before beginning your regular dosage. Although plants and herbs are typically safe to ingest, some may interact differently with your body. Some of the most concerning ingredients of the Source Naturals Wellness Syrup include Blood Root, Pulsatilla Nigricans, and Nux Vomica.
Robitussin Peak Cold Syrup
As one of the most trusted pharmaceutical names in the world, Robitussin’s Peak Cold Syrupis easily seen as the best cough syrup for bronchitis for plenty of reasons. It not only helps to loosen existing mucus in your chest, but it also helps to relieve any signs of coughing or irritation in your bronchial tubes. This formula is also non-drowsy, making it the perfect companion for if you can’t stay in bed all day resting your body to wellness.
- Helps to loosen and thin mucus
- Enhances the productivity of coughs
- Relieves irritation in bronchial tubes
- Designed to work through all stages of a cold
- Helps with dealing with chronic respiratory illnesses: Bronchitis and other respiratory illnesses will easily be remedied with the Robitussin Peak Cold Syrup as it is not only designed to help you through even the toughest part of your illness but all other parts as well. You may prefer to take the syrup during allergy season, or as a result of a random cold of flu, regardless, it will help to soothe your throat and create more productive coughs.
- Helps soothe sore throats: There’s nothing worse than having to cough and swallowing on a sore throat. The Robitussin Peak Cold Syrup has a cool, soothing sensation your bronchial tubes need after dealing with consistent coughing.
- Reliable brand with a reliable formula: Unlike homeopathic or natural remedies, the Robitussin Peak Cold Syrup is a tested and tried formula that many people have used before in the past. You don’t have to worry about seemingly random ingredients you’ve never heard of before, and there is concrete evidence that it works to help relieve bronchial irritation.
- Contains medicinal ingredients so ensure you take the correct dosage: As with any other type of over the counter medication, it is important that you pay attention to the dosage recommendations on the side of the bottle. As this formula does include medicinal ingredients, taking it improperly could lead to potential health concerns.
What is the Best Cough Syrup for Bronchitis?
Depending on your personal preference, each one of these syrups could easily become the best cough syrup for bronchitis. If you’re the type of person who prefers medicinal remedies that you’ve used in the past, it’s recommended that you stick with the Robitussin Peak Cold Syrup.
Though, if you’re more interested in homeopathic remedies that don’t include artificial ingredients, you might prefer the Source Naturals Wellness Syrup, but you must consult a medical professional prior to ingesting the formula to ensure it is safe for your current condition.
On the other hand, the Boericke and Tafel Syrup combines the benefits of all three formulas on this list as it is a relatively well-known brand that has developed a natural remedy that relieves plenty of symptoms pertaining to bronchitis and allergies alike.
At the end of the day, choosing the right cough medicine will depend on what you’re looking for. In terms of bronchitis, you must find a formula that not only helps to soothe your bronchial tubes, but that also helps to remove any excess phlegm that could lead to irritation and congestion. With three phenomenal formulas to choose from, all you need to do is figure out what the best cough syrup for bronchitis is for you.