There’s few things in life worse than being sick. It’s bad enough when you come down with a common cold. But even worse than that? Bronchitis! If you’ve ever suffered through bronchitis, you know just how bad it can be. Coughing up that nasty colored mucous, feeling like you can barely breathe, thanks to the chest congestion, and the aches and pains that commonly accompany the condition, all combine to make an incredibly unpleasant experience.
Thankfully, there are many products out there that can help provide relief and ease many of the most common bronchitis symptoms. Over-the-counter cold medications are one such option. However, many people are also surprised to learn that there are several essential oils that also help ease many of the uncomfortable symptoms that come with a bronchitis infection. In this article we’re going to be sharing three of our absolute favorite essential oils for bronchitis with you. Using any one of these oils is sure to provide you with immense relief!
[Disclosure: Some of the links in the content comprises affiliate links connected to the Amazon store, meaning, at no additional cost to you. Our team behind Bronchitis Remedy will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thanks for your valuable support!]
3 Best Essential Oils for Bronchitis
1. Living Pure Essential Oils Respire 100% Pure Respiratory Blend
The first essential oil mixture that we highly recommend for treating bronchitis is produced by Living Pure Essential Oils. It’s a wonderful blend of clary sage, rosemary, cedar wood, eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint. It’s completely chemical free and is excellent for providing relief, not only for bronchitis, but it’s also great for allergies, asthma, sinus relief, and colds. Simply inhale 2-3 times per day or rub a bit on your chest as needed to experience immediate and effective symptom relief.
- Sweet, elegant scent that smells wonderful
- Effective for coughs and congestion
- Spicy savory blend featuring several effective ingredients
- Non drowsy and completely chemical free
- Anti-allergenic chest rub opens sinuses
- Contains no toxins, additives, or fillers
- Comes with a 100% money-back guarantee—no questions asked
- Some customers find the scent to be too powerful
- Can cause headaches in a minority of users
This essential oil blend earns a spot on our list thanks to its overall versatility. It’s incredibly effective when it comes to providing relief for bronchitis symptoms, but it can also be used to treat numerous other health ailments. It doesn’t matter if you suffer from allergies, asthma, or the common cold, this blend can help. It’s even effective for providing relief if you come down with pneumonia or other serious respiratory infections. A minority of users report side effects such as headaches, but for most users, it’s an incredibly safe product thanks to the fact it’s chemical free with no other toxins or additives.
2. Pure Body Naturals Peppermint Aromatherapy Essential Oil
The next essential oil that we highly recommend is yet another product that features multiple amazing benefits. Not only is it very effective at providing relief from common bronchitis symptoms, but it can also be used as a mosquito repellant, energy booster, muscle relaxant, and it even features antimicrobial properties when used for cleaning! This highly concentrated blend contains 5% menthofuran making it one of the most incredibly effective oils available on the market.
- Premium quality blend containing 5% menthofuran
- No toxins or additives
- Unfiltered and undiluted with absolutely zero fillers
- Provides incredible respiratory relief, making it highly effective for bronchitis, allergies, asthma, sinusitis, and colds
- All natural bug repellant effective for mosquitos, ticks, ants, cockroaches, spiders, and even works for mice
- Can help improve cognitive function for increased focus and mental clarity
- Boosts energy levels
- Can provide relief for headaches
- Antimicrobial properties
The only con that we were able to find with this product is that it may not be suitable for anyone who is sensitive to peppermint or products containing peppermint
This essential oil blend is absolutely incredible. Not only is it great for providing relief for several respiratory ailments including bronchitis, it’s a great all-round product with many household uses. It doubles as a bug repellant, cleaning product, energy booster, and can even provide headache relief! Even if you aren’t suffering from bronchitis, we’re certain you could find a use for this oil blend. Highly recommended!
3. Morning Pep Peppermint Essential Oil
The final essential oil for bronchitis that we recommend is another peppermint oil blend. The reason? Peppermint oils just flat out work incredibly well for easing the unpleasant symptoms of bronchitis. This all-natural blend provides a soothing, calming effect as it works to relieve your respiratory tract. Just like the oil listed above, it also provides relief from headaches and other body aches and pains.
- Guaranteed 100% all pure and natural
- Fresh mint scent provides a calm and soothing aroma
- Steam distilled with no chemicals added
- Helps ease respiratory problems and congestion common with bronchitis
- Provides relief for headaches and migraines
- Reduces dandruff and combats lice problems
- Helps with joint pain
Similar to the oil listed above, the only con that we were able to find is that this product may not be suitable for anyone who is sensitive to products containing peppermint
Essential oils containing peppermint are fantastic when it comes to offering you relief from the most common negative symptoms of bronchitis and other ailments that affect your respiratory system. It helps relieve sinus issues, chest congestion, and even works for other health conditions, such as joint pain and migraines. All of these reasons combine to make for one highly recommended essential oil!
There’s no doubt that bronchitis is a serious disease. Whether it’s an acute infection or something that you deal with on an ongoing basis, it’s an extremely unpleasant health condition. While there’s all kinds of different cold medications available that are designed to treat the symptoms of cough and chest congestion, most people don’t stop to consider using an essential oil to manage the symptoms. We hope this article helps you to see what a great option they can be, as all three oils listed above work incredibly well to provide relief from harsh bronchitis symptoms.